Superbowl Sunday was rough for Addie. We had just gotten home from Lafayette and Jason and I were working on some little odd jobs around the house. Addie was leaping and bouncing around the living room. I had no sooner told her she better calm down before she gets hurt and walked out of the room when Katie came to get me saying she thought Addie had broken her arm. Apparently she had done some leap move over a chair and landed on her arm. After a little hysteria, Jason determined she was shivering because she was going into shock, so off Addie and I went to the hospital. The arm didn't swell or look broken and she actually fell asleep at the ER (the ER was very quiet - probably due to the game). After a quick x-ray, it was determined she had a spiral fracture of her ulna and they put it in a hard splint. She goes to the orthopedic surgeon this week to see the next step. She was a real trooper! It's been fairly calm since it happened with not a lot of pain.


No comments:
Post a Comment