I'm stealing a few pictures from my sisters blog. We had a good Thanksgiving except Jason was not able to join us. He had to work all week. We spent some time at both Judi and Brad's and my Mom and Dad's.
 |
| Lucy saying "cheese"! |
 |
|
and...Lucy giving Aunt Megan a look that says "why do you keep taking my picture?"
|
 |
|
The "Ugly Shirt
Brigade" is ready to go!
Copied from Megan's Blog:
Just a little side note
(mainly for my boys who get copies each year of the blog...my version of
scrapbooking), the "Ugly Shirt Brigade" came about on a trip to Iowa
with my family and Andy's family. Stacey and I came upon a booth that
sold bedazzled shirts and we thought it would be funny to buy some matching
ones to wear Black Friday shopping (some people wear antlers and Santa
hats...we wear bedazzled shirts). Of course, we picked the ugliest ones
(pink with sequin flower bouquets) and wrapped Mom's up for her. When she
opened it up, she went on and on about how pretty it was, UNTIL we told her why
we had gotten it. Then, she admitted that she wasn't too fond of it, lol.
Funny thing is, when we're out shopping each year, we usually have at
least one person tell us how pretty our shirts our...I guess our humor is lost
on some, ha ha!
|
 |
|
Ben and Katie were up
bright and early on Black Friday...thankfully Grandpa Jim was manning the
kitchen since the ladies were manning the shopping carts!
_______________________________________________________________
Last Sunday night we made a quick trip to our neighbor's tree farm. I was not feeling much like decorating, so I let the girls have at the tree. Except for the lack of any decorations on the backside (who cares, no one sees it), they did an awesome job! You may notice in the background my dark green ugly sponged walls are gone. My wonderful Mother and sister (and Dad helped too) totally surprised me by painting my living room while Jason and I were gone for the weekend doing our annual shopping trip. They did all that while watching my kiddos too!!
|
If I don't post for awhile...have a VERY Merry Christmas!!
No comments:
Post a Comment