Monday, January 5, 2015

Ending 2014...

Well, it was a pretty uneventful end of the year.  We had a quiet Christmas at our house.  Brad and Judi came and spent the afternoon with us.  Jason only had Christmas day off because of shutdown at work, so it was mainly myself and the girls.  We didn't do a whole lot.  We got Katie and Addie Kindles for Christmas, so they were glued to them during break.  They were a little upset when I actually enabled the time limits...they thought they would get to use them all the time!  Unfortunately, that was just a perk of being on break.  I worked a few days, but was mostly home.  We hired my mom to come paint, so we updated our bedroom.  The hallway and dining room come later.  Jason and I celebrated our 14th Anniversary with a very fancy dinner at Ruth's Chris in Indianapolis - we were home by 10pm!  For New Year's Eve - we forgot it was New Year until we sat down to watch TV that night...the girls did make it to midnight (except for Lucy).  All in all, 2014 went out pretty quietly at the Dunderman household.  Below are a few highlights from the past few weeks.

Katie had her first Christmas program.  Grades K-3 do other types of musical programs.  Unfortunately, wires got crossed and she was supposed to dress-up, but instead wore her choir uniform.  Fortunately, she wasn't the only one and she looked beautiful!



Katie, Addie, and Daddy went up Michigan for a Christmas with his Dad and Stepmother.  Lucy and I were supposed to go, but she ended up with the flu, so we stayed home for the weekend.  I ended up catching it on the 23rd, but was okay to head up to my parents for Christmas Eve.  Lucy and I got to open our presents from Michigan at home, with lots of help!




Katie had her annual Cheer Clinic.  Daddy and Addie were sick (we had lots of sickness between Thanksgiving and Christmas), so Lucy and I toughed it out through the first half to see Katie's 3 minute halftime show.  It was so hot in the gym, so we headed out right after Katie was done.




Christmas Eve is always at my parents.  This year, Katie and Addie went up early.  The plan was for Lucy and I to come up on the 23rd to celebrate my niece's birthday and then Jason would join us the 24th for dinner after he got off work.  Well, I ended up with the flu, but we all finally made it.  I took no pictures (wasn't feeling 100%), so here are some of the formal shots my sister took.  It was a great evening with family!



Grandma and Grandpa with all the grandkids

Grandma bought these dresses for all the little girls.  She added the lace to the really little girls.  I love all the cute feet!

Grandma Great was able to join us this year, so she got a picture with all the grandkids too!

Christmas morning was full of excitement.  We had gone to midnight mass at St. Joan of Arc in Kokomo, so they girls weren't up very early.  Yeah for Mommy and Daddy!








Goodbye 2014...hello 2015!  We were so blessed this past year and are looking forward to a new year, it's possibilities, and the knowledge that all things are in God's hands.






1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! Katie looks so pretty in her outfit for her concert (who needs a Christmas dress when you're that cute)! Looks like Christmas was good to all the girls...glad we got to celebrate with you all. Love you!

    ReplyDelete