Thursday, June 16, 2016

Coming up on Summer



Breakfast

First Swim practice (very first for Addie)

Addie has on the goggles!
Lucy playing at swim practice
 We welcomed Baby Rose into the family on April 29th.
Copied from Megan's Blog:

Welcome to the World, Baby Rose

We were so excited to hear that Baby Rose (Roslyn) had entered the world on April 29th!  We had been praying for a healthy baby girl, and when we got the call, we were just elated!  Andy was still on antibiotics for tonsillitis, so he stayed home with Kyran while Ben and I went up for a quick visit.  She is absolutely perfect, and we were both in love the moment we saw her!  She's teeny tiny and has the most dainty features...as Mary Poppins would say, she's Practically Perfect in Every Way!

Welcome, Baby Rose!  This place is full of people that love you and can't wait to watch you grow!

When we came in the room, we didn't see Rose in the crib and we didn't see her with Tai.  However, when we walked over to Eric, we found her tucked in his sweatshirt...snug as a bug, in a rug!

Love at first sight!


 A few weeks later, the girls got to hold her at Mother's Day.




Copied from Megan's Blog:

Mother's Day

Mother's Day this year was very low key, which was exactly what we all needed.  We have been running around like crazy these past few weeks, so it was nice to have a day with no agenda.  We headed up to my parents house in the morning to relax and spend the day with family.  We pulled left overs out of the fridge and a frozen pizza out for the kids; it was a perfect lunch.  No fancy table decorations, no fancy food, just paper plates and a hodge podge!

Of course, this wasn't just any Mother's Day, this was my sister-in-law, Tai's FIRST Mother's Day, and how special it was!  Rose was the center of attention with everyone, and you practically had to fight to get a turn to hold her.  This was the first time Andy and Kyran had gotten to meet her.  Andy was in love and Kyran was just concerned she might try and steal his truck and trailer!  He doesn't quite grasp the concept of newborns, lol!  I realized when I was going through my photos that I didn't get a single one of Kyran.  Probably because he was guarding his toys the entire time, just in case!



 These two couldn't get enough of Baby Rose!





In the later afternoon, I headed over to Eric and Tai's to take Rose's newborn pictures while Andy helped Dad and the boys played in the hot tub.  We loaded up to head home around 8:30, and I swear the boys were asleep by 8:31...it was the perfect way to end the day.

Happy Mother's Day to my mother and to all mothers; those who have children to hold in their arms, those who hold memories of their children, and those who long to hold children in the future.  I'd hate to think where we would be without strong, supportive mothers in our lives.  God certainly knew what he was doing when he gave us the love of a mother!




Had an emergency room trip and a little scare with Jason.  Everything is okay now as long as he wears his sleep apnea mask.  He made me take this pic to remind him to wear it.



Lucy playing at the dealership while I got my oil changed

Sleepy girl!

Addie had her Letter Friend's Parade at school.  Daddy got to go.  She dressed as Miss J with her Jingling Jacket.  Thank goodness Katie was in charge that morning because I thought the parade was the next day and Katie set me straight.  I had most of the costume done, but had to quick sew on the jingle bells!






No comments:

Post a Comment